Old 08-04-2004, 08:38 PM

Default Are there any UK Plant Exchange sites that anyone knows of?

On Thu, 8 Apr 2004 10:19:42 +0100,
(Jim W) wrote:

wrote:

Does anyone know if there are any sites where people can exchange
plants?
I did stumble on one that looked good although it was for amaricans
only.

I'm quite new to gardening (this is my first house that has had a
garden) and I am in need of some taller plants and trees but they seem
very expensive from garden centres.

I have a greenhouse and have bought a few different types of seeds but
i was looking for tree and shrub type plants.

Does anyone know of any sites?

Don't know of any websites but I have swapped quite a few plants with
people on this group (URG) and also at URG 'meets' (where we meet up,
ususally at a members or garden of note)..

Does that help?

Jim

Thanks Jim,

Thinking on though I need to get some stuff to swap first as I doubt
very much that I have anything to offer others in the group at the
moment.

Once my seeds get going I may be able to offer others on the group
seedlings if anyone is interested. (cosmos, hollyhock, aster, )
I have a morillo cherry tree available for a swap if anyone is
interested.

Thanks for your assistance.