Old 08-04-2004, 09:04 PM
Mike LaMana

Default Spruce turned orange

Conifers that appear orange at this time of year probably died during the
winter or well before. Especially spruces - most of which are very resistant
to desiccation even when dead. How long was the tree in the ground? What
kind of spruce/ Where on globe are you? Is the tree next to pavement/ Does
it inhale exhaust for hours while the car warms up? Is it buy the pool
filter? Need more info.....

--
Mike LaMana, MS
Heartwood Consulting Services, LLC

"Bill Stock" wrote in message
ers.com...
We have a spruce tree that's turned completely orange this spring. I

assume
it's dead.

What's the cause, pest, fungus, soil? It looked fine during the winter,

but
as soon as the thaw came it died. We've also got another spruce a few feet
away with one orange branch.

Do I have to wait til fall to plant a replacement?