Old 08-04-2004, 10:02 PM
David Hill

Default Purple Gooseberry and Red Currant Propagation

".......... I have never heard of a josta berry. what are they?

A gooseberry-blackcurrant cross. I have some, which have produced precisely
as many coconuts as jostaberries ......."

Just wish mine would produce a few coconuts........Mine produce a lot of
fruit BUT the birds get all the fruit before I get a chance,
Be warned if you are going to grow Jostaberries the bushes will grow to 5 or
6 ft so give them much more room than you would give black currants.

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries