Old 09-04-2004, 02:32 AM

Default new radio station

believe me when I say being a liberal is its own reward. I dont waste my life
pursuing the accumulation of money, I dont waste my life yearning after everything
"other" people have. I know for a fact that after the love and respect of family and
friends, good health, enough food and a roof over my head everything else is nice but
simply doesnt increase my happiness by any significant factor. Money is no
affirmation of my "worth", I am not defined by what I own. My security is in my
relationships with people, not in a bank account.
Maybe because I dont believe in a "hereafter" I am very concerned with people in the
here and now living in miserable poverty. I dont believe there is any future reward
for misery. So I am happy to pay the taxes that help those less fortunate, and
consider myself fortunate that I dont need help. I am happy to pay health insurance,
fortunate that I am healthy. I pity those who cannot contribute, those without a job
for working is ennobling, cheating and sloth are there own punishments.
Maybe cause I am not religious I dont need to be telling other people how to live.
Maybe because I am tolerant my life is rich and full of interesting people and I
cannot imagine having to constantly worry about "them" all the time.
Yes, life is very good being a liberal. Ingrid

"Elias Quinn" . wrote:
wrote in message

I am a liberal.

You have my sympathy.