Old 09-04-2004, 03:02 AM
tmtresh

Default Will using paper for mulch cause mold?

I use just one sheet deep for weed control. I wet it down in a bucket (it
makes it easier to lay esp. if it's a little windy), then spread it around
the plants, not touching them,. then I throw a shovelful of dirt on the
edges, to keep it down once the paper dries. With only one sheet deep, it
controls weeds and you can still sprinkle water, because the paper quickly
becomes saturated. The paper eventually decomposes over the year and can be
tilled in before planting the next year.