Old 09-04-2004, 05:02 AM
Susan Erickson

Default Esoterics of orchids

On Thu, 8 Apr 2004 22:23:54 +0200, "Reka"
wrote:

From "The Times of India"
. In fact,

certain orchids have exhibited anti-HIV properties giving scientific leads
for drug development," he added.

Of all the HIV drug leads I have heard this is the lamest. I do
wish it were true. But this article leads me to doubt this man's
word on anything.

Here I think it is his own prejudice showing.
Vij added that though it has not been scientifically proven, long ago,
Europeans believed that if expectant mothers ate healthy tubers of orchids
they would produce a male child and if they ate shrivelled tubers they would
be bestowed with a baby girl.

Lady you have too much time on your hands - Reading such off the
wall newspapers.
SuE