Old 09-04-2004, 06:05 AM
Skirmishd

Default Surprise Amaryllis And Question

I bought my first amaryllis at Rite-Aid about 3 years ago. I stuck it in a pot
with some purple shamrocks and it bloomed in a couple of weeks. From some
reading, I thought the leaves would die and then I was to cut them back, remove
the bulb, and after dormancy could force more blooms. I just had a few years
of the shamrock constantly blooming and the boring amaryllis leaves and I
didn't know what to do so just kept them in the east window and watered them
when dry.
I watered the plants a few days ago and noticed nothing. Then, today, there
are these two huge red flowers ready for the holiday. How do I rest the bulb
properly after this? Could I get some more flowers by Christmas?

TIA