Old 09-04-2004, 06:10 AM
Katra

Default Potato Planting

In article ,
"Loki" wrote:

il Wed, 07 Apr 2004 21:08:36 -0500, Katra ha scritto:

snicker Same here...
So do my onions.
I keep them in the bottom of the 'frige now.

No room in mine for such an easy storer.

I've had to keep onions in the 'frige!
Dad tends to forget we have plenty, and buys more.
I just hate throwing food away... :-(

I never used to buy seed potatoes when I grew them.
I liked the gold and red vareties from the grocery store.

Yeah, not sure what the difference is between a 'seed' potato and any
old one that's sprouted.

Same here!

I can't eat potatoes anymore so I don't grow them. :-(
Am considering planting some yams tho' just because the vines
are so pretty!

I've heard that they are in the morning glory family. Is that true?

Not a clue. Morning Glory - isn't that convulvulous? a rampant pesty
weed here.

Hee! Bindweed. Yah, but the wild morning glory seeds have value on ebay.
To those in the know, they contain LSA's.

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...