Old 09-04-2004, 06:12 AM
Janet

Default any1 in Toronto Canada area

--

"Joel" wrote in message
5...
Did anyone in the Toronto area get cought with there pants down with this
sudden cold of -15C ?

I started the pond up last week when it was warm, NOT thinking it would go
much below 0C again, well, -15C is alot colder then 0 and the system froze
up on me, the water drained from the hose emptying the pond to the last 8"
since I keep the pump that much from the bottom.

I know something has survived, but I dont know how many, I rushed to put a
couple buckets of water and I covered the pond with heavey liner to keep

it
out of the wind and put an air line back in the water.

its suppose to warm up again, I hope they last that long.

Here in Niagara Falls we had a good 3 inches of snow the day before
yesterday. That nasty lake effect machine still has some gusto left! My
ponds and stream have been up and running for about 3 weeks. I had ice last
night but it was very thing and melted off quickly. My fish, who wintered
over in the pond, have hunkered back down though after being quite awake for
the last couple of weeks...
Janet in Niagara Falls, when oh when will spring arrive?