Old 09-04-2004, 02:04 PM
Jane Ransom

Default Poisoning snails - poisoning birds?

In article , Kay Easton
writes
Whereas we have *more* mistle thrushes, song thrushes and blackbirds
than we had 11 years ago ;-)

Hey, Kay . . . I did say a 'few' pellets 'judiciously' placed.

Do you attribute the increase solely to your non use of slug pellets or
your provision of habitat? Do your neighbours never use slug pellets
either?

And as you discovered last summer, we have managed to entice toads into
the garden and they are multiplying rapidly, as are the frogs!!!!!!!!
The only dead frog we found was one that had obviously been attacked by
some predator as it had its back split open (
--
Jane Ransom in Lancaster.