Old 09-04-2004, 02:32 PM
Warren

Default A strange sight at Home Depot

John Gotts wrote:

What about peat and the other elements in the potting soil? Peat is

not always
harvested renewably. What about the petrochemicals consumed to

produce the
plants' fertilizer? And what about the run-off? How about the smog

produced
to truck these plants from grower to warehouse to store only to have

them
thrown away? Just a few of the costs not factored into the $2.99

retail
price...

Retail stores don't consider all costs when they developed their pricing
models? Highly doubtful.

--
Warren H.

to go outside now.
Blatant Plug: Spend your Amazon gift certificates he
http://www.holzemville.com/mall/associateshop.html