Old 09-04-2004, 07:33 PM
Jane Ransom

Default [OTish] I think we might 'ave an 'awk!

In article , Rod rodcraddoc
writes
On Fri, 9 Apr 2004 14:22:09 +0100, "David W.E. Roberts"
wrote:

So methinks we may have a hawk.

I presume that something which will take a full sized pigeon will be larger,
and hunt from a greater height.

A hen Sparrow Hawk will take pigeons. They hunt flying low and fast
over or along hedges, through trees etc. The strike is lightning fast
and deadly - the prey doesn't know what hit it.

In a couple of years, the sparrow hawks, who moved into the area after
years of being sparrow hawk free, did for a flock of 30 white doves a
neighbour had. In the end it even used to follow them into the dovecot
to catch them. As there are no doves left, it is now starting on the
swallows in the farmer's barn (((((((
--
Jane Ransom in Lancaster.