Old 09-04-2004, 09:33 PM
shazzbat

Default Potato Planting

wrote in message
On 09 Apr 2004 16:53:22 +1200, "Loki"
wrote:

il Thu, 08 Apr 2004 11:45:00 -0400, ha scritto:

I doubt that what we call 'French toast' actually comes from
France either. It's good though.

[Digression]
My husband (who is British) had never heard of 'French
toast' until moving to the USA. In case you don't know what
it is either, and are curious - it's a breakfast or brunch
food, usually.

Beat an egg or two or three with a fork. Stir in a few
drops of vanilla or almond extract or both, and a couple of
teaspoons of sugar. Pour it into a flat type of pan. Put
slices of white bread in the egg mixture and allow them to
remain there for a few minutes, so some of the egg mixture
soaks into the bread. Saute the bread in oil or melted
butter until nicely golden with brown flecks, turn, and
repeat for the second side.

Your husband probably knows it as "eggy bread" That's what we call it.

Steve