Old 09-04-2004, 09:35 PM
jane

Default [OTish] I think we might 'ave an 'awk!

On Fri, 09 Apr 2004 18:18:34 +0100, Rod
wrote:

~On Fri, 9 Apr 2004 14:22:09 +0100, "David W.E. Roberts"
wrote:
~
~
~So methinks we may have a hawk.
~
~I presume that something which will take a full sized pigeon will be larger,
~and hunt from a greater height.
~
~A hen Sparrow Hawk will take pigeons. They hunt flying low and fast
~over or along hedges, through trees etc. The strike is lightning fast
~and deadly - the prey doesn't know what hit it.
~

I wish that one could be encouraged to take up residence at our
allotments. I've just spent two days and £20 in timber making proper
framed brassica cages to stop the blasted pigeons from day 1.

They got all my broccoli last year before they got more than a few
leaves. Not this year!!!!

--
jane

Mark Twain