Old 09-04-2004, 10:02 PM
Ricky

Default New Trees, need advice!!!

"steve long" wrote in message
Thank you for taking the time to read or reply to this message in advance,

We just planted 3 new trees in the backyard and would like to now if there
is a need to fertilize them now with a rooting compound or just keep them
well watered until they are established. We live in Utah and summer
rainfall
is very little if at all and would like the peach, corkscrew willow, and

honeylocust to get off to a good start before the dry spell comes along.

Any freshly plant tree tips you can offer is gladly accepted too

Steve

1. Run a length of 1/2" PVC pipe up into the crown of each tree. Terminate
with a 360 degree mist head. Run a water line to each piece and mist the
trees 1 hour in the morning at sunrise and 1 hour in the evening just prior
to sunset.
2. No fertilizer for 30 days then use a balanced fertilizer, 2 cups per tree
1 foot outside the root ball to 6 inches from the trunk.
3. Mulch with a good mulch (don't know what you use in Utah. Here we use
cypress) leaving a 6" gap at the trunk of the tree.