Old 09-04-2004, 10:04 PM
Kay Easton

Default A Garden to sell a house

In article , Sacha
writes
I've been shown houses where dirty laundry was
piled onto the floors of rooms with unmade beds, where corridors were
festooned with cobwebs to the point where at first glance I truly thought it
was part of the decor (!) and where kitchen sinks were piled with dirty
dishes and living room tables and sofas bore all the signs of a beer
drinker's dream party.

When we were looking for our current house we went to see one which was
the subject of a dispute between a divorcing couple. Wife (in residence)
clearly didn't want it to be sold, and celebrated our visit by repotting
her entire container collection ... on the living room carpet ;-)

The next house we went to see had also been occupied by a couple who
were no longer together. This time it was the husband who was doing his
best to prevent the sale - he had been around the house and smashed off
every single cupboard door handle. While we were looking around, the
estate agents' people were trying to hide the paintpots and all the
other signs of a recent cover-up ... but one thing they couldn't hide
was the rude word etched by means of weedkiller across the lawn.
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: