Old 09-04-2004, 11:03 PM
Diana Kulaga

Default Fast drying potting media

Not many rivers around here, just a whole lot of sal****er. I am on the
east coast of Florida.

So am I. I would like to find the pea stone that Rob mentioned, at a decent
price, to mix with the Home Depot river rock. I can get it at various
growers, but at prices more suited to folks with only a few orchids. The
good news, of course, is that I can reuse the stuff after soaking in a
chlorine solution and rinsing well.

Diana

Dustin

Reka wrote:

"Dustin " schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Thanks for the suggestions, I will see what I can find around here.

Diana Kulaga wrote:

How about just pea gravel? If you use aliflor or one of the

more
porous kind of rock, you will trap moisture. A smooth gravel will

dry
out more quickly.

For mature Catts & Dends (and a few other things) I use plain old

river
rock
from HD.

How about looking for a river?