Old 09-04-2004, 11:36 PM
David Hill

Default [OTish] I think we might 'ave an 'awk!

"........... About a week ago we saw something really odd; as we drove up
our road early in the morning, a largish bird of prey was sitting in the
middle of the tarmac, on something. It was the size of a buzzard but lighter
coloured on the breast. As we drew up, I realised the bird was not injured,
and not feeding on carrion. It was sitting on an abandoned glove :-) and
took off in a leisurely fashion as we drew up.My guess is, an escaped/lost
hunting hawk of some kind ................."

Or just maybe it had finished feeding and all that was left was the
glove.....in which case you had a lucky escape.
--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries