Old 10-04-2004, 12:34 AM
Shelly Hurd

Default [IBC] ID Bonsai - Zelkova?

Richard,
The leaves certainly look right. The only Zelkova I know is Serrata, and my book shows two cultivars, Village Green, and Green Vase, suitable for zones 3 to 10 (right up your alley). Occasionally we see elms marked as Zelkova, but again, from what I can
see in the pictures, the leaves look correct. Iris may know otherwise.
Regards,
Shelly Hurd Central CA - Sunset Zone 8-USDA Zone 9