Old 10-04-2004, 02:03 AM
RichToyBox

Default I need some input on external pump install

If you are able to prime the pump, then it really doesn't matter if it is at
the current location or in a pit. If you put it in a pit, you need to be
sure the pit is well drained. The Sequence pumps don't like to run under
water. Mine did once, tripped the GFCI, and after about 2 days of drying
out, it ran well, but I don't recommend drowning the pump. A pit sometimes
makes it easier to hide the pump, but again, be sure it drains well.
--
RichToyBox

"mike" wrote in message
news
Last weekend I installed a Savio Skimmerfilter, and a Sequence 1000,
5000S external pump. Comming out of the bottom of the skimmer, my
pump is 2 foot above pond level. Everything is working, but I have a bad
check valve. I'm going to work on this thing this weekend, I need idea's
on what to do with the pump. I don't want to dig a 3 foot hole big enough
for the pump and work area. Should I just leave the pump where it is, or
dig a 3' hole?

Thanks
Michael