Old 10-04-2004, 06:06 AM
Emery Davis

Default Good King Henry and other 'odd' herbs

On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 23:07:10 +0100, "ajr" said:

[]
] I'm sure that I must have sampled sorrel at some point, however I must admit
] that I have no idea, off the top of my head, what it tastes like!
]
] What is its flavour? Nick mentioned earlier that it was good with "fat
] meat", so I assumed that it would have a sage like flavour, but (presumably)
] if it compliments fish as well it is a lot more 'delicate'.
]

Hi Andrew,

Rusty's right, it's pretty sour, also somewhat lemony I think, but naturally
YMMV as taste is so subjective. It's more of a salad taste than and herby
taste, to me.

BTW in the sauce I mentioned I neglected to say the sorrel should be lightly
sauteed, about 10 seconds.

] Anyway, I'm getting hold of some seeds tommorow so by the end of the summer
] I'll know if it's worth keeping, or throwing on the compost heap!
]

It may take a bit to get established. (It does stay green all winter, although the
leaves are too small for anything that requires a lot.) Anyway, if you don't like
it you can always sell it at the local market!

-E

--
Emery Davis
You can reply to