Old 10-04-2004, 11:03 AM
Jane Ransom

Default Never mind the Cats,how do I keep Kids off the garden

In article , dave @ stejonda
writes
Howsabout going out and talking to the kids? If you introduce yourself
and stay calm and pleasant (seeing it from their POV) you're most likely
to get a positive response, and the opposite if you go out, holler at
them and plant spikey plants.

Wrong Dave, oh sooooooooooooooo wrong!

I tried that approach years ago with children (I hate the term kids,
it's insulting to goats) who used to play cricket against a lamp post
that was in line with my glass front doer. I used to talk to them
reasonably, recorded them once and asked them in to listen to themselves
and asked them if they would like to have to listen to 'that' all day
etc etc.
Result - zero.
Eventually my neighbour took pity on me and yelled at them . . all sorts
of foul language and threats . . and there was no more trouble.
--
Jane Ransom in Lancaster.