Old 10-04-2004, 12:33 PM
Ophelia

Default Squirrel Control

"gitfinger" wrote in message

"Paul King" wrote in message
s.com...
I've googled this NG for old posts on this subject and although I see a
*LOT* of discussion, I see no meat.

Just how *DO* you "control" them.

I wanna kill 'em! - legally.

Shoot em with a gun!

Get a cheap 22 air rifle for about £40 and away you go...legal as you like
as long as you follow the rules pertaining to air guns.

My bosses father shot at one from his bedroom window as it sat in a tree

on
his property. A few hours later he was looking out of the same window a he
saw the squirrel again, so he took aim and shot at it and was very pleased
to see it fall from the branch.

Later that day, a knock at the door...

Evening all...do you own an air rifle sir?

Yes officer

Did you shoot a squirrel earlier today?

Yes officer, and I saw it fall from the tree dead!

I see sir, well it fell from the tree as you say and landed at the feet of
an RSPCA officer that had been called by a member of the public to aid a
squirrel that seemed to be injured and was stuck up a tree!

I see officer

May I see the gun sir

Yes officer

All seems in order sir.....good evening