Old 10-04-2004, 03:33 PM
Mike

Default Never mind the Cats,how do I keep Kids off the garden

I had a similar problem with boys playing football in our narrow

cul-de-sac.
They only stopped when several of us got together and complained to the

parents.

Jenny

I think we must be very lucky in our village in that the whole community is
coming together as a 'one'. The old football field/recreation ground is
about to be re-instated. We have a new Village Magazine which reports on and
advertises the Local Scene.

AND

We have a new village beat bobby. One of the 'old school' who gets in
amongst the kids and talks to them and is getting to 'know then' and by
name!! And gets to know their parents. He is very much a 'local beat bobby'
and attends all meetings to do with the village such as the Parish Council
Meeting and also the Community Partnership meetings.

All these things put together is showing an improvement. A massive Fund
Raise is about to start and many of the local people want to get involved.
we have our first and inaugural meeting at the end of the month.

Things are improving, mainly by people 'doing' things and talking to each
other.

Mike

--
H.M.S.Newfoundland Association Reunion Hayling Island April 23rd - 26th
Royal Naval Reunion Eastbourne May 7th - 10th