Old 10-04-2004, 04:32 PM
Phisherman

Default blueberries

On Fri, 9 Apr 2004 17:35:52 -0500, "Jim Heater"
wrote:

Hi there, I'm new here, and I have a question. My wife bought a couple of
blueberry bushes. We live in north central Indiana, we have clay soil.
What do we need to do to it to be able to raise blueberries? Any help would
be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Jim

Take a pH test. Prepare the soil by working peat moss and compost
into the ground. Work a cup of cottonseed meal into the soil. Mulch
the area under the bushes with old sawdust (sawdust that has aged a
year) or peat moss. Five hours of sun or more is good.