Old 10-04-2004, 06:32 PM
Bob Hobden

Default How to discourage cats from fouling the Garden?

Bill wrote in message Hi
Just joined the newsgroup, I was looking for some expert help

in discouraging Cats from
the Garden. We have a couple who are digging up the bulbs in the borders

and digging holes in the
lawn whilst fouling up the area. I have tried various commercial remedies

with no luck. I'm hoping
someone out there has an old fashioned remedy which might work. Any help

appreciated.

There is a FAQ file on this if you check.
However I've never seen a cat dig holes in a lawn, they are too lazy for
that. Holes in lawns is normally birds (crows) or even Foxes looking for
worms/grubs. I've seen dogs scrape and foul but only on rough ground.
Unless you have seen a cat digging don't assume it is the culprit, it may be
why your remedies haven't worked, wrong animal.

--
Regards
Bob

Use a useful Screen Saver...
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/
and find intelligent life amongst the stars