Old 10-04-2004, 07:04 PM
discoverer

Default How to discourage cats from fouling the Garden?

Ok Guy's,
Thanks for the input, I May have mislead you by saying "digging holes in
lawn" What I observed on the Lawn was the Cat Scratching the grass to cover the offending mess, but
never the less still ruining the lawn by doing so. The damage to the borders and lawn is annoying
but My main concern is my young Grandchildren playing in this area and the obvious health risks.
Regards
Bill
"Bob Hobden" wrote in message ...

Bill wrote in message Hi
Just joined the newsgroup, I was looking for some expert help

in discouraging Cats from
the Garden. We have a couple who are digging up the bulbs in the borders

and digging holes in the
lawn whilst fouling up the area. I have tried various commercial remedies

with no luck. I'm hoping
someone out there has an old fashioned remedy which might work. Any help

appreciated.

There is a FAQ file on this if you check.
However I've never seen a cat dig holes in a lawn, they are too lazy for
that. Holes in lawns is normally birds (crows) or even Foxes looking for
worms/grubs. I've seen dogs scrape and foul but only on rough ground.
Unless you have seen a cat digging don't assume it is the culprit, it may be
why your remedies haven't worked, wrong animal.

--
Regards
Bob

Use a useful Screen Saver...
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/
and find intelligent life amongst the stars