Old 10-04-2004, 07:06 PM
MrCheerful

Default Hedge trimmer,cuts out

"Juco" wrote in message
My hedge trimmer( McCulloch 2 stroke) cuts out on idle but runs fine on

full
throttle but if I cut a section then go back to idle cuts out and

difficult
to start unless I leave til cold again. Plug has been changed. I noticed
there are 3 adjusment screws. 1 I no for to speed the engine up the other

2
are marked "hi" and "lo".
Anyone got ideas I think just a tweak to get it right (I hope)

thanks

This can be caused by incorrect fuel/oil mix but assuming it has developed
in use then:
Try a small adjustment to the lo screw, probably a quarterturn out (anti
clockwise), if this makes it worse then turn it back to where it was, then a
quarter turn in (clockwise) I neither way improves things then:
There is a possibility that the idle jet is blocked in which case it will
need a professional look at,

mrcheerful