Old 10-04-2004, 10:07 PM
Janet Baraclough..

Default [OTish] I think we might 'ave an 'awk!

The message
from Rod contains these words:

On Fri, 9 Apr 2004 23:14:42 +0100, "Bob Hobden"
wrote:

Should have put the glove on and waved it about a bit Janet, may have
acquired a new hobby (no pun intended) or at least something to really keep
the pigeons off your plants. :-)

I seem to be missing your post, Bob. We have a few of those
ring-necked doves here, but no crops problem from them so far. We've
just had to run 50 metres of rabbit netting down the sheep-field rylock
boundary though, to keep out one of the biggest hares I've ever seen in
my life..he's been coming in even during the day, and making free with
me plants :-(

Whilst I'm not into the huntin', shootin', fishin' side of country
life, I must admit to feeling quite a thrill when we had a falconer
staying here and I had his buzzard sitting on my arm for a few
moments.

Me too. The bit I don't care for, is the birds being kept tethered on
a perch, or hooded, when they aren't flying.

Janet.