Old 10-04-2004, 11:32 PM
lesliemm

Default Bulgarian Carrot Hot Pepper

Don't believe everything you read, LOL. The datils are also available in a
sweet variety. I have tried these also and find them too mild. Trust me the
original datils are closer in heat to a hot Serrano, not a Hab.
Leslie in Atlanta

"Ken Anderson" wrote in message
"lesliemm" wrote in message
link.net...
My favorite, fruity, not too hot pepper is the Datil pepper. These are

grown
commercially in St. Augustine, FL. My husband and I travel there from
Atlanta every year just to buy the plants. You can buy the plants online
also (try The Chili Woman), but they tend to run out of them quickly. I
grow them in pots and take them in over the winter. I get at least two
seasons out of each plant.

I did some googling and read that the Datil, at 300,000 Scoville's, is
comparable to a Habanero. You must have found a milder strain!