Old 11-04-2004, 12:32 AM
mmarteen

Default ivy

I am looking for a tough ivy that can take a nearly 45 degree slope in
zone 4a (Minneapolis). I tried baltic ivy last year, which,
admittedly is on the bubble here and it all died. I got it free from
my Mom, who dug it up from her yard although putting it in was kind of
a pain, which I hope not to repeat too many more times. I could try
it again, since I may have put it in too late...not enough water or
some other fault on my part. Or I could try something with more
probability of success. Some names that have popped up: boston ivy,
engelmann ivy, virginia creeper. Any opinions? Or other ideas?

mm