Old 11-04-2004, 06:02 AM
Charles

Default Very Very Newbie Questions

On 10 Apr 2004 21:18:59 -0700, (Rebecca
Hilliard) wrote:

I have some very basic questions I would love answers to.

1) How am I supposed to tell if my soil is "well drained" or not?
And if it's not, how do I make it so?

2) If a particular plant requires part shade, how much actual time is
that daily approximately?

3) If a certain plant requires "sandy" soil-should I assume that means
I need to add sand to my soil? If so, how much is adequate? If not,
what does "sandy" soil actually mean?

I would appreciate any help you can provide. Any suggestions, links,
etc. are welcome!!

Thanks,
Rebecca

Don't do this when it's raining.

Dig a hole 2 feet deep. Hope it doesn't fill with water by itself.

Fill it with water, let the water drain out. Fill it again, if the
water drains away in one hour or so, drainage is good. If it stays
for several hours, drainage is bad.

--

- Charles
-