Old 11-04-2004, 08:02 AM
Lobo

Default Cats - ongoing problem

well, it worked in my yard ... the cat that had been coming over the back
fence stayed away. It only had to be resprayed if it rained. The
sprinklers didn't hit it, so I wasn't doing it every day.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Delete the obvious to reply to me personally.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Katra" wrote in message
In article fc.003d094101c1d1953b9aca00eee342bb.1c1d1b0@pmug. org,
(Glenna Rose) wrote:

lid writes:
il Sat, 10 Apr 2004 17:47:32 GMT, "Lobo" ha scritto:

Put some rocks in your garden and spray them with ammonia. Cats

don't
like
that.

Funny, cat pee is related to ammonia. My info says to avoid cleaning
with ammonia as it is too similar. I imagine ammonia runoff won't
help the garden none either.

FYI, ammonia will cause spraying with some cats. So if you want certain
toms in the neighborhood to be marking your garden, spray ammonia all
around; that and the cat urine will smell just wonderful, not to mention
your garden produce will not be the cleanest. It's likely a very good
idea to be fully aware of the potential results of what you do before

you
do it.

A sure cure is the automatic sprinkler. It costs under $50, attaches to
your garden hose and is powered by a 9-volt battery. I know several
people who use them for cats, and they swear by them as being very
effective. Besides, anything you sprayed on your garden to keep them

out
would have to be sprayed every day to be effective; are you ready to do
that? So much simpler to buy the sprinkler; just remember to turn off

the
water before you walk out there. I understand they also keep away
raccoons and some people use them for deer as well. Sometimes the
simplest things are the best.

Glenna

I'll say it again....

Hotwire.

Cheap and effective, and keeps other garden pests out such as squirrels
and rabbits, and larger birds.

I've used one to keep the dogs out of the garden.

It has not raised my utility bills significantly.

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...