Old 11-04-2004, 08:03 AM
Jack Ouzzi

Default Petrol Hedge Cutters

Hi All,

Soon be that time again! My McCullough petrol cutter is nearing it's
end, with long (18") riveted blades that can't be sharpened.

I need to replace it with something decent ....... sort of
semi-professional catagory really because I have over 250 meters (yes
.... correct) of various hedge. Someone suggested a shorter blade is
better than a longer one, and that a bolted blade is also better (self
sharpening) .......... cost is not tooo much of a problem, but I don't
wish to buy a Rolls Royce if a BMW will do !

McCullough lasted about 4 years (£120 ish then)

Anyone any thoughts?? Secondhand ??