Old 11-04-2004, 09:03 AM
mich

Default Never mind the Cats,how do I keep Kids off the garden

"Curiosity" wrote in message
On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 22:40:25 +0100, bigjon
wrote:
Any suggestions ?, how about soem QUICK GROWING spikey plants.

TIA

To answer the question. I used berberis ( spelling?) purple- green leaf
with pikes on it. Common in garden centres.
Its not necessarily that fast growing though.
I also planted a Japanese flowering quince ( a bit spiky), a load of old
rugosa roses ( thorny and fast growing - although can get out of hand ....
and can be as painful to you as to them) and a white thorn mixed hedging.

The gorse answer you got earlier is good - but I couldn't get any at the
time!