Old 11-04-2004, 12:32 PM
Brian

Default Tulips in Central Oklahoma

No further blooms this year. For now, just pinch off the flower heads. Leave
all that is green till it starts to wither.
They can then be dug up, dried off and replanted in October. Tulips are
not as reliable as daffodils for blooming in following seasons. Species
tulips behave better. Many gardeners purchase new bulbs each year.
Best Wishes.
"SRR" wrote in message
om...
My tulips have just about finished blooming and petals are hitting the
ground. Can I expect a second bloom or are they finished for the year?
If finished, should I prune the stem and where?

Thanks,
SRR