Old 11-04-2004, 12:32 PM
Postmaster

Default What to do with a rounded-up garden

Hi. I'm new here, and I want to be a gardener but so far have been
hopeless at it.

We live in the north and have a moderately large garden, which was
derelict when we moved in ten years ago, and we are very very slowly
reclaiming it - it was all brambles and raspberry canes when we moved
in.

We've done the bit nearest the house and are in the process of killing
off the rough grass (think couch grass and horsetail) in the area
beyond. We are thinking of just sowing grass on this bit while we think
what to do. When it's dead (after its second application of weed
killer) what do we do then? Dig it over, I presume, but what do we do
with the dead stuff? As it's so full of nasty stuff, should we take it
to the local dump?

TIA
--
Jill the terrified gardener