Old 11-04-2004, 08:03 PM
dusty

Default Confusion! Help Ray!

"PhalGuy" wrote in
s.com:

Thanks Dusty!

But my problem is I need Fluorescent fixture with cords! It is to
installed on a wooden shelving unit:
Go check on my site: www.picturetrail.com/phalguy
and click on My Installation album

You will see my wooden shelving unit. I need to install better
fluorescent on this!

thanks

Claude

My 4 foot shelving is similar to your photo marked 04-03-13 I do see why
you asked about lamp heat now and yes your arrangement may be a problem as
the plants on the shelf above the fixture will get too warm. I have a fix
but it isn't pretty. I use 2 inch pink isolation foam from Home Depot aka
the BORG on each self.

I put a picture of my set up in alt.binaries.pictures.orchids with the
header of More Confusion! for the Phal Guy

I forgot to mention that lowes and Home depot carry the fixtures.

these fixtures will attach to shelveing but you may have to drill a screw
hole.

Cords that's easy my local computer junk store has baskets of computer
power cords for $1 each I cut off the end that goes to the computer and
strip the outer covering back three inches wiring is with wire nuts black
to black white to white and green goes to the lamp housing under the green
screw. If you get a Eruo cord then its brown to black blue to white and
green with the yellow stripe under the green screw. There are knock outs at
the end of the fixture and you will need a wire clamp/strain relief ask
where you buy the fixture. Make sure there is no exposed wire pop the cover
back on and your good to go.

I sure hope I'm not confusing you more.
Dusty