Old 11-04-2004, 08:32 PM
slandscaping

Default new radio station

wrote in message
believe me when I say being a liberal is its own reward. I dont waste my

life
pursuing the accumulation of money,

Of course not...others have accumulated it for you and you can use the
government as your instrument of plunder to feed your lofty goals.

"It is thus necessary that the individual should come to realize that his
own ego is of no importance in comparison with the existence of his nation;
that the position of the individual ego is conditioned solely by the
interests of the nation as a whole ... that above all the unity of a
nation's spirit and will are worth far more than the freedom of the spirit
and will of an individual. .... This state of mind, which subordinates the
interests of the ego to the conservation of the community, is really the
first premise for every truly human culture .... we understand only the
individual's capacity to make sacrifices for the community, for his fellow
man." [Adolph Hitler, 1933]

I dont waste my life yearning after everything "other" people have.

I like that too...living in the moment, not basing your happiness on things
not yet acheived...yet there is nothing inherently evil about acheiving
monetary goals.

I know for a fact that after the love and respect of family and
friends, good health, enough food and a roof over my head everything else

is nice but
simply doesnt increase my happiness by any significant factor. Money is

no
affirmation of my "worth", I am not defined by what I own. My security is

in my
relationships with people, not in a bank account.

Healthy outlook if sincere, yet a strawman attack on conservatives motives.
Liberals never accuse you of 'greed' for wanting other people's money ---
only for wanting to keep your own money.

Maybe because I dont believe in a "hereafter" I am very concerned with

people in the
here and now living in miserable poverty.

so don't subsidize it and take away their will to pursue their own bounty in
this amazing world of plenty

I dont believe there is any future reward
for misery. So I am happy to pay the taxes that help those less

fortunate, and
consider myself fortunate that I dont need help.

Shouldn't charity be a personal issue? Instead of a wasteful government
program that is taken as an entitlement?

"The government consists of a gang of men exactly like you and me. They
have, taking one with another, no special talent for the business of
government; they have only a talent for getting and holding office. Their
principal device to that end is to search out groups who pant and pine for
something they can't get and to promise to give it to them. Nine times out
of ten that promise is worth nothing. The tenth time is made good by looting
A to satisfy B. In other words, government is a broker in pillage, and every
election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods."[H. L. Mencken]

I am happy to pay health insurance,
fortunate that I am healthy. I pity those who cannot contribute, those

without a job

the truly inapacitated should be helped by private charities formed by
caring persons like yourself. If the income tax were eliminated we would
all have more money to put into these organizations.

for working is ennobling, cheating and sloth are there own punishments.

then why reward cheating and sloth?

Maybe cause I am not religious I dont need to be telling other people how

to live.

But you are telling me I have to give a high percentage of my income and
freedom away to your choices.

Maybe because I am tolerant my life is rich and full of interesting people

and I
cannot imagine having to constantly worry about "them" all the time.

Wow you are so lofty.

Yes, life is very good being a liberal. Ingrid

I'm pretty happy being a libertarian.