Old 11-04-2004, 11:04 PM
Bob Hobden

Default [OTish] I think we might 'ave an 'awk!

"Bob wrote in message "Janet wrote in message ((snip))

About a week ago we saw something really odd; as we drove up our road
early in the morning, a largish bird of prey was sitting in the middle
of the tarmac, on something. It was the size of a buzzard but lighter
coloured on the breast. As we drew up, I realised the bird was not
injured, and not feeding on carrion. It was sitting on an abandoned
glove :-) and took off in a leisurely fashion as we drew up.My guess is,
an escaped/lost hunting hawk of some kind.

Should have put the glove on and waved it about a bit Janet, may have
acquired a new hobby (no pun intended) or at least something to really

keep
the pigeons off your plants. :-)

For those that didn't understand my pun comment...
http://www.birdsofbritain.co.uk/bird-guide/hobby.htm

--
Regards
Bob

Use a useful Screen Saver...
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/
and find intelligent life amongst the stars