Old 12-04-2004, 12:03 AM
Ray

Default Confusion! Help Ray!

But which phosphor are in those bulbs? That makes as much of a difference as anything.

.. . . . . . . . . . .
"dusty" wrote in message s.com...
"Ray" wrote in
:

Maybe we're talking about different 32W bulbs...

I checked the specs on some a while back after making the same higher
wattage = more light comment, and found that it wasn't correct for the
bulbs in question.

Don't ask what they were, I simply do not recall.

Here's what I found
what the spec sheets say
Starting lumins for a F40 T12 lamp is 2900
Starting lumins for a F34 T12 lamp is 2900
However putting the two fixtures together and looking at them from a
distance the 40 watts apear brighter to me but then my eyes might be
biased.
starting lumins for a F32 T8 lamp is 2800

I have no idea how they measure lumins
I'll have to do a google search on that.
later