Old 12-04-2004, 01:32 AM
Dawn

Default when neighbors do the pruning for you

Sigh.

My husband and I spent today cleaning up the yard, clearing dead growth,
mowing, prepping the vegetable garden for spring. I noticed a lot of
branches in the yard on the side of the house with no windows, looks
like our next door neighbor pruned the lilac bush that grows on the
property line and dropped the branches over the fence into our yard.
(Probably sometime last fall or early winter)

I'm tempted to drop our grass clippings in his front lawn, but I really
want it for compost.

Anyway, I think he's perfectly within his right to whack off whatever
part of the plant he feels is invading his yard, but if he's going to do
that he can take care of the debris himself. Has anyone else had to deal
with this sort of problem? How do you approach the neighbor?

FWIW, neither of us is the original homeowner, this lilac was planted a
good 30 years ago and is about 20 feet high.

Dawn