Old 12-04-2004, 02:03 AM
Salty Thumb

Default Best way to build a dug in trench around my planted areas

Janet Baraclough.. wrote in
:

The message
from Salty Thumb contains these words:

"David Hill" wrote in
:

"............ basically that it i would like to put a earth boarder
(dug in not a hill) around my gardens ........."

And just what is this in English?

In the States, there is a kind of person called a Snow Boarder,
usually annoying to real skiers.

We have those in the UK. There's another kind of boarder, who is a
sort of lodger. They live in your house in exchange for money. We had
an American boarder once and she was hell.

Hi Janet,

Sounds like an Annual Boarder, although could be a Perennial Boarder,
depending on how long they last.

An earth-boarder would probably be very kind and motherly towards
your
little children (unlike ours, who would scoff the food from their
plates whenever my back was turned).

Now that sounds like a gopher, but closer to a rat.