Old 12-04-2004, 03:35 AM
jammer

Default After 5 years, something ate my fish.....

I am in Fort Worth and i know i see egrets and herons at the lakes. We
also have owls, ospreys, and small hawks.

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 18:31:37 -0500, "Jay Adair"
wrote:

.....came home from work the other morning and 4 adult shubunkins had
disappeared. No trace of them on the perimeter of the inground

fiberglass
pool or on the bottom. Two days later, the other 3 adults are gone.

Only
survivors - a 5 year old koi (huge) and 4 shubunkin yearlings hiding

like
scared rabbits around the pots on the bottom.

The little pond is 30" deep with almost vertical sides, partially

covered by
a Japanese maple tree, and set right against my house and patio.

Five years
of flawless operation brought to a halt. I am in no rush to replace

the
fish just yet since I figure I am now feeding some long-legged bird

in the
neighborhood.

My question.....what breed of bird in the Dallas / Ft. Worth area of

Texas
is the likely culprit? There is a small city lake stocked with fish

less
than a half-mile from my house which may be the main source of
attraction....

Thanks for any help.

Jay