Old 12-04-2004, 05:02 AM
Janice

Default Container gardening ideas

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 16:58:17 GMT, Frogleg wrote:

On 04 Apr 2004 00:14:12 GMT, oway (Tyra Trevellyn)
wrote:

Thoroughly
cleaned metal cannisters that have contained olives, olive oil or similar can
also be lined and have drain holes added. I've added a subtle verdigris effect
on the outside,

Could you detail how you do your verdigris effect? This sounds
promising. Also, what is your experience in what kind of paint
sticks to plastic? I keep trying to come up with something useful AND
attractive to do with empty soda bottles.

There have been ads on tv lately for a spray paint that sticks to
plastic, so I think anywhere that sells spray paints .. like a paint
store.. could point you to it. It's made specifically for that job,
so it's not an "also does" kind of product.

Although, I don't think there is anything useful and attractive to be
done with empty soda bottles other than recycling them then they make
stuff out of them ;-) Plus, if you live in a place that charges a
deposit, or close to a state that does, you can take them in and get
MONEY for them ;-) There are lots of plans for hummingbird feeders
people have developed auto water bases that screw onto the big plastic
bottles, and there are those stoppers that fit in the neck that make
them into a water bottle for rabbits, and other pets to lick (rabbits
would chew up the bottle neck if it wasn't somehow shielded though).

Many many things to do with them, in fact do a search for the size
bottle you want to use up, and you'll likely find some of the uses for
them. I put in just one way to search: 2 liter soda bottle uses and
got quite a few hits. one for a magnetometer! Try it you'll like it!
;-)

Janice