Old 12-04-2004, 01:02 PM
garden guy

Default new radio station

It also makes one wonder if we should identify those VERY AFFLUENT
Democrats (43% of the VERY AFFLUENT voting block) with the statement that
"liberalism is a refuge for those living in envy of the accomplishments of
others". I wouldn't say that the case is ironclad, would you?

Sure it isn't an overwhelming statistic, and the original claim against
liberalism is a sweeping generalization, but to completely discount it might
be as bad.

The more important question is "What works?". It may be interesting to
argue why certain groups believe one set of ideals over another, or vote one
party into office; but has a nation ever taxed itself into prosperity?

....or to break it down.

Corruption in politics:

Should we eliminate special rights and privileges for elected or appointed
government officials?

Should we revise any law or regulation that exempts the government or its
officials from compliance?

Should we end government funding of any political party or candidate?

Should we revise state and federal laws to enable all candidates for
elective office to be included on election ballots?

Crime:

Should we respect the victim's rights and make criminals pay full
restitution?

Should we hold all criminals responsible for their actions.?

Should we double the police resources available for crime prevention without
any additional government spending?

Should we reduce the number of criminals at large on our streets?

Should we defend the most effective crime deterrent available, the private
ownership of guns.?

Should we create jobs, end welfare dependence, and improve education?

Unemployment:

Should we stop taking money consumers and businesses would otherwise use to
purchase goods and services?

Should we stop taking money individuals and companies would otherwise use
for investment?

Should we stop subsidizing foreign governments, foreign businesses, and
foreign citizens?

Should we stop financing our massive budget deficit with borrowed money that
otherwise could be used for business expansion and job creation?

Should we stop smothering workers, business people, and investors with
endless regulations and bloated bureaucracy?

Should we stop restricting commerce and trade?

Education:

Should we support a true market in education -- one in which parents and
students would not be stuck with a bad local school, because they could
choose another?

Should we implement measures such as tax credits so that parents will have
the financial ability to choose among schools?

Should we provide financial incentives for businesses to help fund schools
and for individuals to support students other than their own children?

Should we eliminate the U.S. Department of Education, which spends billions
on education and educates no one?

Health care and costs:

Should we establish medical savings accounts, strengthening the role of the
individual health care consumer?

Should all health care expenditures should be 100% tax deductible?

Should we deregulate the health care industry? ...eliminating mandated
benefits, repealing Certificate-of-Need program, and expanding the scope
of practice for non-physician health professionals.

Should we replace the FDA?

Should we privatize Medicare and Medicaid?

I better knock it off. Time for work.

PS: Liberals tend to be top posters.