Old 12-04-2004, 03:03 PM
Rob Halgren

Default Fast drying potting media

Diana Kulaga wrote:

Not many rivers around here, just a whole lot of sal****er. I am on the

east coast of Florida.

So am I. I would like to find the pea stone that Rob mentioned, at a decent
price, to mix with the Home Depot river rock. I can get it at various
growers, but at prices more suited to folks with only a few orchids. The
good news, of course, is that I can reuse the stuff after soaking in a
chlorine solution and rinsing well.

Don't know about where you live, but here you can buy pea gravel
(called such for its size and 'smoothness' more than anything else, I
imagine) at any landscape supply. If you walk in with a bucket, they
might even give you some for free.... Usually they sell it by the yard,
and a yard would probably keep you in business for a while. If they
didn't have that particular stone available, you would be able to find
something equivalent, I'm sure.

Rob

2a. See rule 1
more orchids, obtain more credit