Old 12-04-2004, 04:32 PM
Mike

Default Potato in a pot - competition

"David Hill" wrote in message
"..........What a great idea. I am chairing the inaugural meeting of a
massive fund raising campaign at the end of the month. THAT one is a must.
Mike ........"

Why not also try a sponsored Sunflower comp.
One person raises the plants for the comp then everyone entering pays say
50p or £1.00 per plant as their entry fee.
This entry fee goes to pay for the prizes to the winners.
Or everyone raises their own plants but still pay an entry fee,.
Each person then gets sponsorship for their sunflower at so much per inch,
so 1p per inch would give 60p for a 5ft plant.
You can then have an official measuring day at the end of Sept,or earlier.

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

I like that one too David and will be taking it to the launch. We are after
£500,000.00 and whilst it may seem a lot of money, every little helps. OK so
60p for the height of just one Sunflower is an insignificant amount, but
that, along with many other ideas already in the pot, ADD to the publicity.
We have already secured £34,000.00. so there is a good chunk to build on,
and that's before the actual launch :-))

Any other ideas welcome. For example some of the experts here could tell me
what a reasonable amount would be for a 'Sponsor a Tree' income. We have
quite a few to replace and there are shrubs as well and a few park benches,
which again could be sponsored. This is a very close community and everyone
knows everyone.

Mike

H.M.S.Newfoundland Association Reunion Hayling Island April 23rd - 26th
Royal Naval Reunion Eastbourne May 7th - 10th
H.M.S.Collingwood Association Reunion Bracklesham Bay May 21st - 24th
Nat.Service (RAF) Assoc. Cosford Parade / Social Weekend 25th - 28th June