Old 12-04-2004, 05:33 PM
theoneflasehaddock

Default blueberries

Subject: blueberries
From: "Jim Heater"
Date: 4/9/2004 5:35 PM Central Daylight Time
Hi there, I'm new here, and I have a question. My wife bought a couple of
blueberry bushes. We live in north central Indiana, we have clay soil.
What do we need to do to it to be able to raise blueberries? Any help would
be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I'm planting one this year. I'd advise growing in a pot filled with sphagnum
peat moss and (sand or perlite) to improve drainage a little, and keeping it
watered. Clay soil in the great lakes region isn't usually acidic, and messing
around with soil acidifiers is stupid when it's so easy to grow in a pot or
minibog.

-

theoneflasehaddock