Old 12-04-2004, 05:33 PM
Janice

Default can you ID my shrub?

On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 10:00:52 -0500, Dawn
wrote:

It's not a forsythia. Do not "whack" it to the ground without knowing what it
is. The photos are very poor and not clear enough to identify it properly. I
can tell you, it's definitely not forsythia. Even if it was, I would never
recommend hacking it to the ground.

Sorry, my digital doesn't do well on close-ups. You're right, it's not
forsythia, I know what those look like. Someone suggested Gold Flame
Spirea, and I looked and found a picture that shows exactly what it
looks like when it blooms:

http://courses.smsu.edu/pab532f/GoldFlame2.jpg

Now I guess I need to get out and start removing dead branches.

Dawn

I guess I was too subtle in the tongue in cheek part of *IF* it was
forsythia. As I said... If those were blooms not leaves.

I was just kind of joking .. just a little.. that if it were
forsythia.. *I* would dig it out. From the pic you show the link to,
yup definitely not forsythia. ;-)

I like spirea, well the old type with white flowers and arching
branches. Don't know if that one is supposed to grow the same.

Congrats on finding out what it is!

Janice